Login

TOPIC: wi-flagged what does it mean in gorgon

wi-flagged what does it mean in gorgon 1 year 3 months ago #15802

• Monger
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 99
So I was gardening last night and I happened to examine someone and I saw this:

Rawer? I was curious what wi flagged meant, so I went looking and found this note from an old AC forum:
For those of you who don't know what the Wi Flag means, a little history. From the beginning of AC, some players have complained about unbelievably bad luck. When the swarm of Lugians spawn in the citadel, they will go after certain players--every time. The player's level doesn't seem to matter, nor does the number of other players in the room. What does seem to matter is that this player is cursed with that most unfortunate of distinctions: the Wi Flag.

For some players, the flag came and went. For others, it was a perpetual nightmare, present in nearly every monster experience. To live a Wi-Flagged life meant to be hunted at every turn. Perhaps other adventurers could know peace in a BSD or a Citadel, but there was no rest nor respite for one under Wi.

Anyone ever seen wi flagged status before in Gorgon? Does it have something to do with being a Druid or is this some other very interesting status which I might have the chance to somehow obtain? Does it even mean the same thing as in AC?
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Monger.
You must log in to post or reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Citan

wi-flagged what does it mean in gorgon 1 year 3 months ago #15804

• Mcnasty
  • Thank you received: 5
yeah got flagged on all four toons? Nice job on that name cover lol.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Mcnasty.

wi-flagged what does it mean in gorgon 1 year 3 months ago #15805

• Monger
  • Elite Member
My working theory is that it's what happens if a druid doesn't do their duty for the event a certain number of times, triggering what is essentially nature turning against them.

Makes sense that it'd be account wide, since that way the player can't hide from the consequences of their inaction. Very clever and an excellent mechanic...making the price of being a druid and getting all those awesome druid abilities a good counter balance. :woohoo:

Again, this is even assuming wi flagged is the same/similar.

Side note: In AC it was eventually determined to be a bug in the code with aggro for how mobs decided how close someone was to them. Tis neat that the spirit lives on.

wi-flagged what does it mean in gorgon 1 year 3 months ago #15806

• Citan
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 785
Oh come on, a "wi-flag"? That looks like a doctored screen shot to me. After all, this is from Monger, the same person who posted that clearly-fake picture of 200 deer in one place. (I mean, come on, why would all those deer stand on that little ice ledge?) Has anyone actually seen this so-called wi-flag when examining themselves?

If there *is* some sort of "wi-flag", I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. Srand was the programmer who fixed the wi-flag in AC1, so I'm sure fixing this one would be no problem for her. If it existed. Which, of course, it doesn't.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notus, Monger, Kyris

wi-flagged what does it mean in gorgon 1 year 3 months ago #15807

• TheGhost
  • Banned
It isn't a modified screenshot or a fake screenshot I saw the flag on McNasty as well
as he stood in the garden there was a wi-flag on him. I can 100% vouch that the screenshot is real.

For those that don't know what the wi flag is take a look at this link
asheron.wikia.com/wiki/Wi_Flag
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by TheGhost.

wi-flagged what does it mean in gorgon 1 year 3 months ago #15808

• Monger
  • Elite Member
TheGhost wrote:
It isn't a modified screenshot or a fake screenshot I saw the flag on McNasty as well
as he stood in the garden there is a wi-flag on him. I can 100% vouch that the screenshot is real.

No, he's right, I've doctored the photos! My sly mspaint skills cannot trick the discerning eye of the devs! So much for my dream of photoshopping Doge into PG and having everyone believe it! Foiled again, Curse you Citan and Srand!

Here was my first attempt I was refining!

wi-flagged what does it mean in gorgon 1 year 3 months ago #15809

• TheGhost
  • Banned
LOL you are crazy Monger :)